anuary is typically a month of bundling up and just staying warm. The heater's on high but you still aren't quite sure how to save yourself from turning into a popsicle. Stop the draft! Keep the cold Winter draft out with a door snake at the bottom of your door. Here are a few simple directions on how to make a door cozy out of those old velour pants you shouldn't be wearing.
What You'll Need:
- One Velour pant-makes 2 door cozys (the kind every female in America bought after Britney Spears wore them, I know you've got a pair)
- Ribbon - 1 yard
- Sewing machine
1. Take a pant leg and cut up the crotch till the waist line. Cut right under the waistband.
2. Turn inside out and sew a straight seam down the leg trimming off about 2 inches from flattened pant leg so that it is a long rectangle. It will no longer have the curve of the crouch or the inside seam. Make sure that your line is straight.
3. Turn both short ends over and sew a line 2 inches down folding in the raw edge so that it is not on the outside. Sew another seam half an inch below that.
4. Sew the long edge together with a half inch seam so that you have a long tube with two open ends.
5. Lace your ribbon through the slot at the end with a safety pin. Tie it into a bow. Stuff your door cozy, then repeat the lacing at the other end.